- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced green bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups lower-sodium marinara sauce (such as McCutcheon's)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) slices 100% whole-wheat bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons shaved fresh Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add bell peppers and onion; cook for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in marinara sauce and oregano; cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Form 4 (3-inch) indentations in vegetable mixture using back of a spoon. Break 1 egg into each indentation; sprinkle salt and black pepper evenly over eggs. Cover and cook 6 minutes or until eggs are desired degree of doneness.
Arrange 1 toast slice on each of 4 plates. Top each slice with 1/2 cup sauce and 1 egg. Sprinkle each serving with 1 1/2 teaspoons parsley and 1 teaspoon cheese.