Eggs Oso Grande
Yield: Makes 2 servings
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen creamed spinach
- 3 ripe plum tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, cut up
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Cook spinach according to package directions; keep warm.
- Cut tomatoes into 1/4-inch-thick slices; place in a 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan. Sprinkle with oregano and basil; dot with butter, and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- Broil tomato slices 6 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially open) 2 minutes.
- Bring 2 inches of water to a boil in a large saucepan; reduce heat to maintain a light simmer. Break eggs, 1 at a time, into a saucer; slip eggs, 1 at a time, into water, holding saucer close to surface of water. Simmer 5 minutes or until done. Remove with a slotted spoon, and trim edges, if desired.
- Top muffin halves evenly with tomato slices. Place a poached egg over tomato slices, and sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Top with creamed spinach, and sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Top with bacon, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note