- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen creamed spinach
- 3 ripe plum tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, cut up
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
How to Make It
Cook spinach according to package directions; keep warm.
Cut tomatoes into 1/4-inch-thick slices; place in a 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan. Sprinkle with oregano and basil; dot with butter, and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
Broil tomato slices 6 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially open) 2 minutes.
Bring 2 inches of water to a boil in a large saucepan; reduce heat to maintain a light simmer. Break eggs, 1 at a time, into a saucer; slip eggs, 1 at a time, into water, holding saucer close to surface of water. Simmer 5 minutes or until done. Remove with a slotted spoon, and trim edges, if desired.
Top muffin halves evenly with tomato slices. Place a poached egg over tomato slices, and sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Top with creamed spinach, and sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Top with bacon, and serve immediately.