Eggs and Greens
Photo: John Clark
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 251
- Calories from fat: 70%
- Protein: 12g
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Carbohydrate: 7.9g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Sodium: 462mg
- Cholesterol: 215mg
- 1 large leek (about 1/2 lb.), white and light green parts only, halved lengthwise and rinsed well
- 4 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- About 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- About 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh regular or lemon thyme leaves
- 1/2 pound cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced (3 cups)
- 3 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon, torn into small pieces
- 6 large eggs
- 6 ounces salad mix (2 1/2 qts. lightly packed)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cut leek lengthwise into thin slivers. In a rimmed baking pan, toss leek with 1/2 tbsp. olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch or two of salt and pepper. Bake leek slivers, stirring often, until some are golden and beginning to crisp, 10 to 15 minutes. Meanwhile, put pine nuts in a shallow pan and bake until golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine 3 tbsp. olive oil, the lemon juice, garlic, thyme, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Add mushrooms and salmon, then mix gently to coat.
- 3. Warm remaining 1 tbsp. olive oil in a 12-in. nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Crack eggs into pan, spacing them evenly. When whites are set, in 2 to 3 minutes, carefully flip eggs over (start with first egg put in pan). Cook until yolks are softly set, about 30 seconds.
- 4. Add salad mix to bowl with mushrooms and toss to coat. Divide salad mixture among 6 plates. Top each with a fried egg, some pine nuts, and some leek slivers. Season with more salt and pepper to taste.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine