- 1 large leek (about 1/2 lb.), white and light green parts only, halved lengthwise and rinsed well
- 4 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- About 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- About 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh regular or lemon thyme leaves
- 1/2 pound cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced (3 cups)
- 3 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon, torn into small pieces
- 6 large eggs
- 6 ounces salad mix (2 1/2 qts. lightly packed)
- calories 251
- caloriesfromfat 70 %
- protein 12 g
- fat 20 g
- satfat 3.6 g
- carbohydrate 7.9 g
- fiber 1.2 g
- sodium 462 mg
- cholesterol 215 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Cut leek lengthwise into thin slivers. In a rimmed baking pan, toss leek with 1/2 tbsp. olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch or two of salt and pepper. Bake leek slivers, stirring often, until some are golden and beginning to crisp, 10 to 15 minutes. Meanwhile, put pine nuts in a shallow pan and bake until golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine 3 tbsp. olive oil, the lemon juice, garlic, thyme, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Add mushrooms and salmon, then mix gently to coat.
Warm remaining 1 tbsp. olive oil in a 12-in. nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Crack eggs into pan, spacing them evenly. When whites are set, in 2 to 3 minutes, carefully flip eggs over (start with first egg put in pan). Cook until yolks are softly set, about 30 seconds.
Add salad mix to bowl with mushrooms and toss to coat. Divide salad mixture among 6 plates. Top each with a fried egg, some pine nuts, and some leek slivers. Season with more salt and pepper to taste.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.