Eggs Florentine with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
If you're a brunch fan, invite some friends over next weekend and impress them with this belly-busting creation. From the Flat Belly Diet! Cookbook. Don't worry if you've never poached an egg before,,,the dash of vinegar in the water helps this egg white hold its shape.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 teaspoon(s) Olive Oil
- 1 package(s) pre-washed spinach 9 ounces
- 1/3 cup(s) fat-free greek-style yogurt
- 1/4 cup(s) sun-dried tomato pesto
- t teaspoon(s) vinegar
- pinch of salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 whole grain english muffins, split and toasted
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the spinach and cook (in batches, if necessary) until wilted.
- 2. Combine the yogurt and pesto. Stir 1/4 c into the spinach and remove from the heat. Cover to keep warm.
- 3. Meanwhile, heat a medium saucepan containing 1" of water to a boil over high heat. Add the vinegar and salt and reduce the heat to low. Break an egg into a custard cup and gently tip the egg into the water. Repeat with the remaining 3 eggs. Cover and simmer, shaking the pan 2 or 3 times, for 3 to 5 minutes for a soft-cooked yolk or until the whites are completely set and the yolks begin to thicken.
- 4. Place an English muffin half on each of 4 warm plates. Spoon 1/4 of the spinach onto each muffin. Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon, and drain over paper towels (still in the spoon), before placing on the spinach.
- 5. Stir 1 Tbsp of the poaching liquid into the yogurt mixture to make it smoother. Spoon evenly over each egg and grind some pepper over the top.
- Nutrition Info Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): 175 cal, 12 g pro, 21 g carb, 6 g fat, 2 g sat fat, 212 mg chol, 462 mg sodium, 5 g fiber
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Sweetnlow257 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Eggs Florentine with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch