Eggs Benedict Waffle Sandwiches
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 32 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 257
- Fat: 15.5g
- Saturated fat: 5.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 14.4g
- Carbohydrate: 17g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 292mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 654mg
- Calcium: 52mg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- Remaining Ingredients:
- 12 thin asparagus spears
- 6 large eggs
- Cooking spray
- 6 ounces shaved lower-sodium deli ham
- 6 frozen whole-grain waffles, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. To prepare hollandaise, place butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat; cook 5 minutes or until completely melted. Carefully skim solids off top with a spoon; discard solids. Slowly pour remaining butter out of pan into a small bowl, leaving remaining solids in pan; discard solids, and set clarified butter aside.
- 2. Combine 2 tablespoons cold water and egg yolks in a small saucepan, stirring with a whisk until foamy. Place pan over low heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens slightly. Gradually add 1/4 cup clarified butter, about 1 tablspoon at a time, stirring with a whisk until each addition is incorporated and mixture is thick. Reserve remaining clarified butter for another use.
- 3. Stir lemon juice and 1/8 teaspoon salt into butter mixture, whisking until blended. Remove pan from heat.
- 4. To prepare sandwich, snap off tough ends of asparagus. Cook asparagus in boiling water to cover 3 minutes. Drain and plunge asparagus into ice water; drain.
- 5. Add water to a large skillet, filling two-thirds full; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer. Break 1 egg into each of 6 (6-ounce) custard cups coated with cooking spray. Place custard cups in simmering water in pan. Cover pan; cook 6 minutes. Remove custard cups from water.
- 6. Place 1 ounce ham and 1 poached egg on each waffle; sprinkle eggs evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Top each serving with 2 asparagus spears and 1 tablespoon hollandaise. Sprinkle evenly with pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch