Eggs Benedict casserole
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) Canadian bacon chopped
- RECIPE (one 9×13 dish)
- 1 lb Canadian bacon (ham works, too) – chopped
- 6 English muffins, split and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 TB onion powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- For the Sauce:
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-2 TB lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish. Place half of the Canadian bacon in bottom of dish. Top with English muffins. Follow with remaining Canadian bacon. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, onion powder, kosher salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. Pour evenly over top of casserole. Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove casserole from fridge at least 30 minutes prior to baking and preheat oven to 375F. Sprinkle casserole evenly with paprika. Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes on lower middle rack. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until the center is done. Sprinkle with fresh parsley, if desired.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce: In a double broiler or metal bowl over simmering water (don’t let bowl touch water), constantly whisk together egg yolks, heavy cream, lemon juice, mustard, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Continue whisking until sauce is thick enough to coat back of spoon. Reduce heat to low. Drizzle in melted butter, whisking constantly. Add more salt/pepper if needed. Serve sauce immediately with casserole. (If sauce stands too long and gets too thick, add a bit of hot water to thin out, 1 tsp as needed.)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CherylB61 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Eggs Benedict casserole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch