My husband says this may be the best thing I've ever made. It was fantastic. Sure, it involved some prep work but was well worth the effort.
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 362
- Fat: 11.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 32.2g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 5.7g
- Cholesterol: 273mg
- Iron: 4.3mg
- Sodium: 604mg
- Calcium: 132mg
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 tablespoons bottled low-sodium salsa (such as Green Mountain Gringo), divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup hot Beef Barbacoa
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) queso fresco, crumbled
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 lime wedges
- 1. Place beans in a food processor; process until smooth. Combine beans, 2 tablespoons salsa, and 2 tablespoons water in a small saucepan over low heat until warm, stirring occasionally. Keep warm.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly coat both sides of each tortilla with cooking spray. Place 1 tortilla in pan, and cook for 30 seconds on each side or until toasted. Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas.
- 3. Add water to a large skillet, filling two-thirds full; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer. Break 1 egg into each of 4 (6-ounce) custard cups coated with cooking spray. Place custard cups in simmering water in pan. Cover pan; cook 8 minutes. Remove custard cups from water. Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over eggs.
- 4. Place 2 tortillas on each of 4 plates, and top each tortilla with 2 tablespoons bean mixture. Top beans with 2 tablespoons Beef Barbacoa. Place 1 poached egg on each plate so it overlaps both tortillas. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon remaining salsa. Sprinkle each serving with 2 tablespoons cheese, 1 tablespoon green onions, and 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes