My husband says this may be the best thing I've ever made. It was fantastic. Sure, it involved some prep work but was well worth the effort.
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 362
- Fat: 11.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 32.2g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 5.7g
- Cholesterol: 273mg
- Iron: 4.3mg
- Sodium: 604mg
- Calcium: 132mg
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 tablespoons bottled low-sodium salsa (such as Green Mountain Gringo), divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup hot Beef Barbacoa
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) queso fresco, crumbled
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 lime wedges
- 1. Place beans in a food processor; process until smooth. Combine beans, 2 tablespoons salsa, and 2 tablespoons water in a small saucepan over low heat until warm, stirring occasionally. Keep warm.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly coat both sides of each tortilla with cooking spray. Place 1 tortilla in pan, and cook for 30 seconds on each side or until toasted. Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas.
- 3. Add water to a large skillet, filling two-thirds full; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer. Break 1 egg into each of 4 (6-ounce) custard cups coated with cooking spray. Place custard cups in simmering water in pan. Cover pan; cook 8 minutes. Remove custard cups from water. Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over eggs.
- 4. Place 2 tortillas on each of 4 plates, and top each tortilla with 2 tablespoons bean mixture. Top beans with 2 tablespoons Beef Barbacoa. Place 1 poached egg on each plate so it overlaps both tortillas. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon remaining salsa. Sprinkle each serving with 2 tablespoons cheese, 1 tablespoon green onions, and 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note