Eggs Baked Over Sautéed Mushrooms and Spinach
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 large leek, white and light green parts only, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1 pound(s) white or cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) dry red wine
- 5 ounce(s) baby spinach
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 4 slice(s) of whole-grain toast
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°. In a deep skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the leek and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, 3 minutes. Stir in the butter and mushrooms. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are softened and a lot of liquid is released, 7 minutes. Uncover and add the soy sauce and red wine and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until the liquid is reduced to 2 tablespoons, 5 minutes. Add the spinach and stir until wilted, 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2. Coat four 1-cup ramekins or small gratin dishes with oil. Transfer the mushrooms and spinach to the ramekins and crack an egg on top of each. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the white is barely set and the yolks are runny. Let stand for 2 minutes; serve with the toasts.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note