- 4 slices bacon (about 4 oz. total)
- 4 large eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices sourdough bread (about 3 by 6 in. and 1/2 in. thick)
- 1 firm-ripe tomato (about 8 oz.), rinsed, cored, and sliced
- 2 canned whole green chilies, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup shredded jack or cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- calories 256
- caloriesfromfat 49 %
- protein 15 g
- fat 14 g
- satfat 5.6 g
- carbohydrate 17 g
- fiber 1.7 g
- sodium 492 mg
- cholesterol 234 mg
How to Make It
In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat, cook bacon, turning once, until crisp and browned, 4 to 5 minutes total. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Discard fat from pan; if desired, wipe pan clean.
Set pan over medium heat; break eggs into pan and cook to desired doneness, turning once if you like, 2 to 5 minutes for soft yolks. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, place bread slices on a 12- by 15-inch baking sheet. Broil 6 inches from heat until lightly toasted, 1 to 2 minutes. Turn slices over and top equally with tomato slices, chilies, and cheese. Broil until cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes.
Top each sandwich with an egg, then a slice of bacon; sprinkle evenly with cilantro. Use a wide spatula to transfer each sandwich to a plate.