We used a premade cornbread crust I get from my organic delivery service and this was a huge hit with my family. It is an easy breakfast that still has a "WOW" factor.
Eggs and Bacon Breakfast Pizza
Bacon and eggs, those American breakfast staples, go Italian in this quick pizza. Be careful not to overcook the eggs--you'll want to sop up the golden yolk with your crust.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 40 Minutes
- Calories: 373
- Fat: 12.8g
- Saturated fat: 4.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 20.6g
- Carbohydrate: 40.8g
- Fiber: 6.2g
- Cholesterol: 202mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 673mg
- Calcium: 175mg
- 12 ounces refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2.5 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 2/3 cup)
- 3 center-cut bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Place a pizza stone or heavy baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 500° (keep pizza stone or baking sheet in oven as it preheats).
- 2. Let dough stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 3. Roll dough into a 14-inch circle on a floured surface; pierce entire surface liberally with a fork. Carefully remove pizza stone from oven. Arrange dough on pizza stone. Brush oil over dough. Top evenly with mozzarella cheese and bacon. Crack eggs over top of pizza; sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 500° for 8 minutes or until crust is browned and crisp. Sprinkle with chives and parsley. Cut into 8 slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note