Eggplant with Mint Bruschetta
Bright mint, spicy chile, and rich eggplant meld together into an almost creamy spread. For an even creamier texture, peel the eggplant before cooking. Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes.
Yield: Makes topping for 8 bruschettas
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 284
- Calories from fat: 79%
- Protein: 2.3g
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Sodium: 459mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 medium eggplant, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red chile flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 mint leaves, chopped
- Basic Bruschetta
- Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- 1. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook another minute, then add eggplant, salt, chile flakes, and pepper. Stir to coat with oil and turn heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring every few minutes, until eggplant is soft, about 20 minutes.
- 2. Stir in mint. Let mixture cool to room temperature and spoon onto bruschettas. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving with bruschetta.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note