Flavor was great. Left out capers because my husband doesn't like them. The eggplant was very mushy. Next time I think I'd add artichoke hearts because it would break up the softness of the peppers and eggplant.
Eggplant with Capers and Red Peppers
The meaty texture of the eggplant, the sweetness of the red peppers and the brininess of the capers create a dish full of flavor that could easily be served as a tasty side.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 43
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 1.2g
- Carbohydrate: 6.6g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 172mg
- Calcium: 14mg
- 1 medium eggplant (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Pierce eggplant several times with a fork; place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil 30 minutes or until blackened, turning frequently. Cool eggplant slightly; peel and chop.
- 3. Cut bell pepper in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 15 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 15 minutes. Peel and chop.
- 4. Combine eggplant, bell pepper, onion, and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl; toss well.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Eggplant with Capers and Red Peppers Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This