Eggplant Turkey Lasagna
- 1 whole(s) eggplant peeled, thinly sliced (1/8")
- 1 pound(s) lean ground turkey (93/7% or leaner)
- 28 ounce(s) canned tomatoes with italian seasoning
- 8 ounce(s) low sodium tomato sauce
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/2 whole(s) red onion finely chopped
- 4 piece(s) cremini mushrooms finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 2 cup(s) low fat cottage cheese (low sodium if available)
- 1 cup(s) part skim shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brown the ground turkey with the garlic in a saucepan coated with Pam cooking spray. Add the tomato sauce and canned tomatoes, stirring and chopping tomatoes with the spoon. Add the salt, pepper, and oregano; stir, let it simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Layer eggplant, cottage cheese, and turkey sauce in a 9x13 baking dish. Add second layer of eggplant, cottage cheese and turkey sauce. Top off with the mozzarella. Bake in oven for 40 minutes.
- Nutritional info (per serving/1 square):
- 124 cal, 5g fat, 8g carbs, 2g fiber, 12g protein
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MiiaMarjut and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note