Eggplant Torte with Pesto and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 246
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 10.3g
- Carbohydrate: 34.6g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 577mg
- Calcium: 158mg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium eggplant, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil (about 1/2 cup)
- 5 cooked lasagna noodles, cut into thirds
- 4 ounces thinly sliced provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup Pesto
- 32 (1/2-inch-thick) slices diagonally cut French bread baguette, toasted (about 8 ounces)
- Preheat broiler.
- Sprinkle salt over 9 eggplant slices; reserve any remaining slices for another use. Place eggplant on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; broil 10 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Cool; halve slices crosswise.
- Combine boiling water and tomatoes; let stand 10 minutes or until soft. Drain and finely chop.
- Coat an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch baking dish with cooking spray; line dish with plastic wrap. Lightly coat plastic wrap with cooking spray. Arrange 5 noodle pieces in bottom of dish; top with half of cheese. Spread half of pesto over cheese; top with 9 eggplant pieces. Sprinkle half of tomato over eggplant. Repeat layers, ending with noodles. Cover with plastic wrap, allowing plastic wrap to extend over edges of dish. Place an empty 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch baking dish on top of torte. Place 2 (15-ounce) canned goods upright in dish. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove cans, empty baking dish, and top sheet of plastic wrap. Invert torte onto a platter; remove remaining plastic wrap. Cut torte crosswise into 8 slices. Serve at room temperature with bread slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This