- 1 pound Japanese eggplant, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into1/4-inch-thick slices
- calories 87
- caloriesfromfat 29 %
- fat 2.8 g
- satfat 1.6 g
- monofat 0.8 g
- polyfat 0.2 g
- protein 5.5 g
- carbohydrate 11.2 g
- fiber 4 g
- cholesterol 6 mg
- iron 0.9 mg
- sodium 257 mg
- calcium 140 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Arrange eggplant slices in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Coat slices with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt. Bake at 375° for 16 minutes, turning eggplant over after 8 minutes. Combine cheese, oregano, pepper, and garlic in a bowl.
Arrange half of eggplant slices in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange half of tomato slices over eggplant slices. Top with half of zucchini slices; sprinkle with half of cheese mixture. Repeat procedure with remaining eggplant slices, tomato slices, zucchini slices, and cheese mixture.
Bake, covered, at 375° for 1 hour. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and cheese is golden brown.