Good solid recipe. We cut the eggplant smaller also, and added some salt and just a dash of hot sauce at the end to spark up the flavor. Great for a weeknight. Makes a lot of food!
Photo: Alex Farnum; Styling: Randy Mon
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 391
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Protein: 12g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 5.7g
- Carbohydrate: 55g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Sodium: 625mg
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- 12 ounces sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium eggplant (12 oz.), cut into 1-in. cubes
- About 2 tbsp. butter
- About 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 3/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream or crème fraîche
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Cook noodles in a large pot as package directs. Transfer to a wide, shallow bowl.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large wide pot over high heat, cook mushrooms, onion, and eggplant in 2 tbsp. each butter and oil, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes, adding a little more oil if needed.
- 3. Stir in salt, pepper, and flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and milk, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- 4. Put sour cream and nutmeg in a bowl. Stir in hot broth mixture 1/4 cup at a time, then return to pot. Spoon eggplant sauce over noodles and sprinkle with parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables