Serve this sweet, chunky vegetable sauce over any of your favorite pastas. It's a delicious, high-fiber alternative to traditional meat or marinara sauce.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 393
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 12.2g
- Carbohydrate: 67.0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Iron: 5.3mg
- Sodium: 733mg
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fiber: 7.0g
- Calcium: 61mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cups (1-inch) cubed peeled eggplant
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups hot cooked pasta
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggplant; sauté 8 minutes or until tender. Add onion and salt; cook 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Remove eggplant mixture from pan; set aside.
- Heat remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute.
- Return eggplant mixture to pan; add tomatoes, 2 tablespoons parsley, and next 6 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium, and cook, uncovered, 20 minutes or until tomato mixture is thick. Serve over pasta. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note