This was great. Followed the recipe exactly.
Photo: Erin Kunkel; Styling: Nissa Quanstrom
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 60
- Calories from fat: 53%
- Protein: 1.2g
- Fat: 3.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrate: 7g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Sodium: 201mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium eggplant, stemmed and cut into 1/2-in. dice
- 1/2 white onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, coarsely chopped
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 chipotle chile, minced, plus 1 tbsp. adobo sauce from can
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add eggplant, onions, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until eggplant starts to soften, about 10 minutes.
- 2. Add remaining ingredients, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is dark and thick like chutney, about 30 minutes.
- Make ahead: Up to one day; let cool, then chill airtight.
- Wine pairing: Ceja 2008 Pinot Noir. The earthy berry fruit in the wine makes the sweetness of the fresh eggplant pop; a hint of sassafras doubles the effect.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This