Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) eggplant
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) goat cheese, crumbled (2 oz)
- 1/4 cup(s) whole milk ricotta
- 1 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) kosher sale
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/4 cup(s) grated onion
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced garlic
- 1 cup(s) Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup(s) red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) dry white wine
- 2 teaspoon(s) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup(s) heavy cream
- 4 slice(s) fresh mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F; line a baking sheet with cooling rack. Prepare eggplant by first cutting off the stem, then slicing lengthwise into six slices, about 1/4" inch thick. Lay slices on prepared baking rack, brush with 3 T of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 8 minutes per side, remove from oven, then over with foil. Do not turn off the oven.
- Combine goat cheese through kosher salt in a bowl; set aside.
- Heat 2 T olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, bell petter, wine and tomato paste. Cover reduce heat and simmer until peppers are soft, about 10-12 minutes, stirring often. Puree vegetable sauce in a food processor with basil and heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble by spooning about 1/4 c of sauce in the bottom of 2 small casserole dishes. Spread 2 T of filling on each eggplant slice. Roll, then place them seam side down in the prepared baking dishes (3 in each). Top rolls with remaining sauce, mozzarella, and almonds. Bake until golden, 15 - 20 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Margareta and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Eggplant Rollatini Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes