- 2 eggplants, trimmed and peeled
- 2 cup(s) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 16-ounce container(s) 2% lowfat cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup(s) plain dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped fresh basil
- 1 14-ounce jar(s) spaghetti sauce
- Slice eggplants lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Microwave eggplant slices 5 to 6 minutes, or until tender. Drain tender slices in a colander. Dry slices in a single layer between 2 clean dish towels; press to squeeze out all remaining moisture.
- To make the filling, combine 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, cottage cheese, breadcrumbs, Parmesan and basil in a large bowl. Stir to thoroughly combine. Then spoon a scant 1/3 cup of filling onto each dry eggplant slice. Roll up gently. Place eggplant rolls, seam side down, into a 13-by-9-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cover rolls with spaghetti sauce and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note