Prep: 14 minutes; Cook: 45 minutes
Bottled pasta sauce trims the time it takes to prepare this classic side dish. Be sure to cut the eggplant lengthwise to get flat, oblong slices that can be rolled around the cheese filling.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 113
- Fat: 5.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Protein: 7.3g
- Carbohydrate: 9.9g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Iron: 0.3mg
- Sodium: 291mg
- Calcium: 127mg
- 1 small eggplant (about 1 pound), trimmed and cut lengthwise into 6 (1/4-inch-thick) slices
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup tomato-and-basil pasta sauce, divided
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Place eggplant slices on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; lightly coat eggplant with cooking spray. Broil 5 minutes on each side or until browned and tender.
- 3. Reduce oven temperature to 400°.
- 4. Spread 1/4 cup pasta sauce in bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish.
- 5. Combine ricotta cheese and next 5 ingredients in a bowl; stir well. Spoon 2 heaping tablespoons of ricotta mixture onto 1 end of each eggplant slice. Roll up slices, and place, seam sides down, in baking dish. Spoon remaining 1/2 cup pasta sauce evenly over rollatini, and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 400° for 35 minutes or until cheese is browned and bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note