Eggplant Parmesan Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 large or 2 small eggplants, cut in 1/2 lengthwise (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the baking sheet
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 28-ounce can(s) crushed tomatoes with basil
- 3 cup(s) water
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 3/4 cup(s) Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- Basil leaves, optional
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place eggplants cut side down on a lightly oiled foil-lined broiler pan or baking sheet. Roast eggplant until it is very tender and lightly browned on top and bottom, about 45 minutes. Cool.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and sauté 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Scoop eggplant flesh from the skins; discard the skins. Chop flesh roughly and add to the pan along with tomatoes, water and salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons of Parmigiano Reggiano, croutons and basil, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note