Eggplant Parmesan Soup
Yield: 2 servings
More From Bertolli Pasta Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small Italian or Japanese eggplant, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pouch Bertolli® Premium Summer Crushed Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 4 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat Olive Oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook eggplant, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, 5 minutes or until eggplant is golden and tender. Stir in Sauce and broth. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring frequently, 5 minutes or until thickened.
Place 2 oven-proof soup bowls or crocks on cookie sheet. Evenly spoon soup into crocks, then top with mozzarella cheese, bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Broil 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Serve, if desired, with crusty Italian bread.
Cost per recipe*: $8.50
Cost per serving*: $4.25
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Eggplant Parmesan Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
More Recipes for Soups/Stews