Eggplant Parmesan Rollatini / Real Simple
Hands on time 25 minutes, total time 1 hour, 10 minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 tablespoon(s) EVOO
- 2 whole(s) large eggplants, 3 lbs. total sliced lengthwise, 16 slices
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup(s) marinara sauce
- 2 whole(s) large eggs
- 15 ounce(s) ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 2 cup(s) grated mozzarella - 8oz
- 1/2 cup(s) grated Parmesan
- 1.Heat oven to 450° F. Divide the oil between 2 rimmed baking sheets. Dividing evenly, arrange the eggplant slices in a single layer on the baking sheets and turn to coat in the oil; season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- 2.Bake the eggplant, rotating the baking sheets halfway through, until soft and beginning to brown, 12 to 15 minutes; let cool. Reduce heat to 400° F.
- 3.Meanwhile, in the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch or some other 3-quart baking dish, spread ½ cup of the marinara sauce. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, ricotta, oregano, 1 cup of the mozzarella, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- 4.Place about 3 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture on one end of a slice of eggplant, roll it up, and transfer it to the prepared baking dish. Repeat with the remaining eggplant slices and ricotta mixture.
- 5.Top the eggplant rolls with the remaining cup of marinara sauce and the remaining cup of mozzarella. Sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- 6.Bake until the cheese has melted and the sauce is bubbling, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Eggplant Parmesan Rollatini / Real Simple Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes