Eggplant Parmesan Lasagna (Women's Health Online Magazine/Pinterest)
Vegetable based lasagna with no meat.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) eggplant
- 1 jar(s) Cabarnet Marinara Sauce
- 1 box(es) Lasagna Noodles
- 1 cup(s) Ricotta Cheese
- 3.5 ounce(s) goat cheese log
- 1/3 cup(s) basil
- 1/4 cup(s) parmesan cheese
- Eggplant Parmesan Lasagna
- 1 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1 eggplant (about 1 lb), sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 1 jar (26 oz) cabernet marinara sauce
- 6 uncooked whole-wheat lasagna noodles
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 log (3.5 oz) soft goat cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil, divided
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and brush with 1/2 teaspoon oil; spread eggplant in a single layer on baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes. Remove from oven; pull up foil and seal edges to close. Let stand 15 minutes to allow eggplant to steam until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, rub an 8-inch square baking dish with remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil. Combine marinara with 1/2 cup water. Spread 1/2 cup sauce mixture in baking dish. Place 2 noodles on top of sauce. You'll need to break noodles to fit and form three rows, but don't worry about making perfect pieces. Break off a third of each noodle to form the extra row.
- 3. Combine ricotta, goat cheese, 3 tablespoons basil, and pepper flakes. Dollop half of cheese mixture onto noodles, spreading carefully to cover. Top with half of eggplant slices and 3/4 cup sauce mixture. Repeat layers, beginning and ending with noodles each time.
- 4. Top noodles with remaining sauce mixture, spreading to cover edges. Cover baking dish with foil and bake at 450°F for 45 minutes or until noodles are tender and mixture is bubbly.
- 5. Uncover and top with Parmesan cheese and remaining basil; continue cooking 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Makes 4 servings. Per serving: 438 cal, 15 g fat (7.7 g sat), 54 g carbs, 784 mg sodium, 10 g fiber, 23 g protein
- ~reference Women's Health Magazine copied-directly from that website!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mandjp and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note