I have made this countless times and it always turns out excellent. It requires some work (plan an hour prior to baking), but it's well worth it.
Eggplant Parmesan Lasagna
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 432
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 6.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 28.3g
- Carbohydrate: 53.8g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 58mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 976mg
- Calcium: 460mg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1 (1-pound) eggplant, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 5 tablespoons (1 1/4 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (15-ounce) carton part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 (12-ounce) carton 1% low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 large egg white
- 1 (26-ounce) bottle fat-free tomato-basil pasta sauce
- 12 cooked lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Combine 2 egg whites and egg in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Dredge 1 eggplant slice in flour. Dip in egg mixture; dredge in breadcrumbs. Repeat procedure with remaining eggplant, flour, egg mixture, and breadcrumbs. Place slices in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Coat tops of slices with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes, turning eggplant after 10 minutes. Remove from baking sheet; cool. Reduce oven temperature to 375°.
- Combine 1 cup shredded mozzarella, 3 tablespoons Parmesan, oregano, basil, ricotta, cottage cheese, and 1 egg white in a large bowl.
- Spread 1/4 cup pasta sauce in the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 4 lasagna noodles slightly overlapping over the pasta sauce; top with half of cheese mixture, half of eggplant slices, and 3/4 cup pasta sauce. Repeat layers, ending with noodles. Spread remaining pasta sauce over noodles. Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella and 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Cover and bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 35 minutes or until cheese melts. Let stand 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This