Community Recipe from
- 1 whole(s) eggplants
- 1/2 cup(s) egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cup(s) tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoon(s) parmesan cheese
- 1 cup(s) part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley
- Wash eggplant, slice into 1/4 inch slices (not too thin). Dip in egg white (that 1/2 tsp. salt has been added to). Roll in bread crumb mixture (bread crumbs, flour, 2 T parm, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, salt/pepper.)
- Spray cookie sheet, line up and spray slices.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes until golden brown - keep an eye on it.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce on bottom of glass pan. Layer eggplant, 1/2 cup sauce, sprinkle parm, sprinkle mozzarella. Keep layering - final layer on top of mozzarella. Sprinkle remaining park and fresh parsley on top.
- Cover with foil - bake at 375 for 40 minutes. Take foil off and bake for another 10 or 15 until cheese starts to turn golden brown.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Mattyden and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Eggplant Parmesan Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes