- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3 cups Pasta Sauce
How to Make It
Whisk together eggs and 3 tablespoons water until blended.
Combine breadcrumbs and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
Dip eggplant slices into egg mixture; dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
Cook eggplant, in 3 batches, in 1 tablespoon hot oil (per batch) in a large skillet over medium heat 4 minutes on each side or until tender.
Arrange one-third of eggplant in a single layer in a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice. Spoon 3 cups Pasta Sauce over top.
Bake, covered, at 375° for 35 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 more minutes or until cheese melts.