This is a down-home dish that's great to enjoy with family and friends no matter what the occasion. Serve it atop spaghetti noodles.
Yield: Serves 6 to 8
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 eggplants, peeled and slived 1/4-inch thick
- 2 cups Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 (27 3/4 oz.) jar garden-style pasta sauce, divided
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Combine eggs and water in a shallow bowl. Dip eggplant slices into egg mixture. Arrange slices in a single layer on a greased baking sheet; bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden. Set aside.
- Mix bread crumbs and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese; set aside. Spread small amount of sauce in an ungreased 13"x9" baking pan; layer half the eggplant, one cup sauce and one cup crumb mixture. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10 more minutes. Cut into squares.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Eggplant Parmesan Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Casseroles
- PUBLICATION: Gooseberry Patch
More Recipes for Casseroles