Eggplant Parm Pie
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) eggplant peeled and sliced 1/2 inch
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
- 1 clove(s) garlic chopped
- 1 pound(s) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 pound(s) pizza dough
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded parmesan
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded mozzarella
- 1. Set the oven at 400 degrees. Have on hand a deep 9-inch pie pan.
- 2. Brush both sides of the sliced eggplant with olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt and black pepper. Set them on a rimmed baking sheet without overlapping. Roast the eggplant for 15 minutes or until tender but not falling apart. Remove and set aside to cool. If necessary, roast the remaining eggplant in the same way.
- 3. Turn the oven temperature up to 425 degrees.
- 4. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat the 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the garlic and red pepper. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, salt, and black pepper. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and let the sauce simmer for 15 minutes. Add the basil and taste for seasoning. Add more salt and pepper, and the sugar, if you like.
- 5. On a lightly floured counter, roll the dough to an 11-inch round. Brush the pie pan with olive oil. Lift the dough onto the rolling pin and ease it into the pan, so it hangs over the edges. Trim off any excess. With a fork, prick the dough well all over.
- 6. Spread 1/3 of the sauce in the dough. Top with a layer of eggplant. Pour in 1/3 of the sauce, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan, and 1/4 cup of the mozzarella. Add another layer of eggplant, 1/3 of the sauce, and the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan and 1/4 cup mozzarella.
- 7. Bake the pie for 25 minutes or until the crust is golden, the cheeses melt, and the sauce is bubbly. Let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AmyHamlet and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note