Community Recipe from
- 4 eggplant peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon(s) salt to taste
- 1 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil as needed
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup(s) water
- 3 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup(s) seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup(s) Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 jar(s) marinara sauce 32 ounce
- 1 package(s) mozzarella cheese 16 ounce, sliced
- 1. Place eggplant slices in a large bowl in layers, sprinkling each layer with salt. Let stand for 30 minutes to drain. Rinse and dry on paper towels.
- 2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Whisk eggs with water and flour until smooth. Dip eggplant slices in batter and fry in the hot oil until golden brown, working in batches of 2 to 3 slices at a time.
- 3. Mix seasoned bread crumbs with Parmesan cheese in a bowl. Place 1/4 of the eggplant slices into a slow cooker and top with 1/4 of the crumbs, 1/4 of the marinara sauce, and 1/4 of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers three more times.
- 4. Cover and cook on Low until tender and flavors have blended, 4 to 5 hours.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by skippie325 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes