Eggplant On French Bread With Tomato-Kalamata Salsa
More From Oxmoor House
Stand: 3 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 223
- Fat: 9.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Protein: 11.0g
- Carbohydrate: 24.4g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 451mg
- Calcium: 231mg
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 4 (1-ounce) diagonally cut slices French bread (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) diagonally cut slices unpeeled eggplant
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; toss well. Set aside.
- Arrange bread, cut side up, on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 3 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Arrange eggplant in a single layer on a baking sheet. Brush eggplant evenly with olive oil. Broil 3 inches from heat 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Top each bread slice with 2 tablespoons olive mixture, 1 eggplant slice, 2 additional tablespoons olive mixture, and 1/4 cup cheese. Broil 5 inches from heat 1 1/2 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to stand 3 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches