- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 medium eggplant, cleaned, cooked, and mashed
- Vegetable oil
- Orange marmalade
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl; stir in eggs. Add mashed eggplant, mixing well.
- Carefully drop batter by tablespoonfuls into deep hot oil (375°); cook only a few at a time, turning once. Fry until fritters are a deep golden brown. Drain well on paper towels. Serve fritters with orange marmalade.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note