Eggplant Caviar - Canyon Ranch
Easy and inexpensive to make. Good on crusty bread or dip for chips and vegetables. From "Canyon Ranch Cooking" as adapted from recipe of chef James Boyce, Loew's Coronado Bay Resort.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 Eggplant (1.5 lbs)
- 8 kalamata olives pitted
- 2 tablespoon(s) chives (or parsley) chopped
- 2 garlic cloves halved
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise. Place cut side up on baking sheet and spray cut surfaces with non-stick cooking spray. Bake for 40 minutes until easily pierced with form. Remove from oven and cool until safe to handle.
- Peel eggplant and discard skin. Place peeled eggplant in colander or strainer and press out any excess liquid.
- Put pressed eggplant in blender or food processor. Add all the remaining ingredients and blend to desired consistency.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ebelle and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Eggplant Caviar - Canyon Ranch Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers