I clipped this recipe many years ago from Southern Living. I have made it a number of times. It is easy to make and I have always had great comments about it. It is definitely better chilled than warm. It is an excellent party food.
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and diced
- 4 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- Saute first 3 ingredients in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes; add eggplant, and saute 10 minutes or until tender. Stir in tomato and remaining ingredients. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Serve warm, or chill up to 1 week. Serve with crackers or toasted pita bread triangles.
- Prep: 20 min., Cook: 20 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers