The secret to this recipe is an ovenproof nonstick pan, which allows the eggs to cook properly, keeps them from sticking, and simplifies cleanup.
More From Southern Living
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup peeled and chopped eggplant
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 (6-oz.) package fresh baby spinach
- 1 (10-oz.) can mild diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 large eggs, beaten*
- 1/2 cup crumbled garlic-and-herb feta cheese**
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Heat oil in a 10-inch (2-inch-deep) ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté eggplant in hot oil 5 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Stir in spinach, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or just until spinach begins to wilt.
- 3. Add tomatoes and green chiles, olives, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring frequently, 2 to 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Add eggs, and sprinkle with cheese. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, gently lifting edges of frittata with a spatula and tilting pan so uncooked portion flows underneath.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Remove from oven, and let stand 5 minutes. Slide frittata onto a large platter, and cut into 8 wedges.
- *1 (32-oz.) carton egg substitute may be substituted. Increase bake time to 16 to 18 minutes or until set.
- **Plain feta cheese may be substituted.
- Note: We tested with Ro-Tel Mild Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note