The freezing steps are worth it for the delicious results you get with these truffles. They're better than drinking homemade eggnog.
Yield: 2 dozen
- 8 (1-ounce) squares premium white chocolate (we tested with Baker's)
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup refrigerated eggnog
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 6 ounces vanilla-flavored candy coating
- Melt white chocolate in a glass bowl according to package directions. Add powdered sugar, butter, and eggnog; stir gently until mixture is smooth. Add rum and nutmeg, stirring just until blended. Cover and freeze at least 2 hours.
- Let truffle mixture stand at room temperature 1 to 2 minutes to soften, if necessary. Using 2 small spoons, shape mixture into 1" balls. Quickly roll in pecans. Place on a wax paper-lined jellyroll pan; cover and freeze until firm.
- Melt candy coating according to package directions. Remove truffles from freezer; reshape into balls, if necessary. Using two forks, quickly dip each truffle into melted coating. Place on wax paper to harden. Store truffles in freezer up to one week.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This