Eggnog-Scented Springerle Cookies
Springerle cookies are traditional Christmas treats. We take the theme a bit further with our recipe for Eggnog-Scented Springerle Cookies.
More From Coastal Living
Bake: 12 Minutes
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs; beat until fluffy. Beat in vanilla.
- 2. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Beat into butter mixture gradually until combined.
- 3. Roll half of dough to 1/4- to 3/8-inch thickness on a heavily floured surface. Brush flour on surface of cookie mold with a pastry brush. Press mold firmly onto flat surface of dough, and then lift straight up. (Re-flour mold for each pressing.) Repeat with remaining dough.
- 4. Trim dough around cookies, and place 1 inch apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Let dry at room temperature 24 hours. (If baked immediately, designs will fade as cookie rises.)
- 5. Preheat oven to 300°. Bake 12 minutes or until set but not browned. Let cool completely; store in an airtight container.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note