Excellent recipe for eggnog lovers! Tasted even better the next day, eggnog flavor grew overnight. Will keep this for use every Christmas.
Eggnog Coffee Cake
Eggnog makes a delicious addition to this quick coffee cake. Canned eggnog is a fine option if you can't find fresh.
Yield: 1 (9") coffee cake
- 2 tablespoons fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, divided
- 1 cup refrigerated eggnog
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Grease a 9" cakepan; sprinkle with breadcrumbs, and tap out excess. Set pan aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, and butter with a pastry blender until crumbly. Remove 1 cup crumb mixture; set aside. Stir baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg into remaining crumb mixture.
- Stir together eggnog, egg, bourbon, and vanilla. Add eggnog mixture to crumb mixture; beat at medium-high speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg to reserved 1 cup crumb mixture; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 375° for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This