- 2 tablespoons fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, divided
- 1 cup refrigerated eggnog
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
How to Make It
Grease a 9" cakepan; sprinkle with breadcrumbs, and tap out excess. Set pan aside.
Combine flour, sugar, salt, and butter with a pastry blender until crumbly. Remove 1 cup crumb mixture; set aside. Stir baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg into remaining crumb mixture.
Stir together eggnog, egg, bourbon, and vanilla. Add eggnog mixture to crumb mixture; beat at medium-high speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg to reserved 1 cup crumb mixture; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 375° for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature.