Feature a classic holiday beverages in a rich and creamy eggnog cheesecake that's ideal for the holidays. But you can have it any time of year, even if cartons of eggnog are not available, because you make your own eggnog mixture with eggs, sugar, whipping cream and brandy.
Sunset DECEMBER 2008
1. Preheat oven to 300°. Pour graham cracker crumbs into a 6 1/2-in.-diameter springform pan with a rim at least 3 in. high; add butter and stir to mix. Press mixture evenly over bottom and 1/2 in. up side of pan.
2. In a large bowl, with a mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar until smooth. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down inside of bowl as needed. Beat in flour, brandy, and 1 1/2 tsp. nutmeg just until incorporated. Pour into crust-lined pan and bake until small cracks are visible on sides but center jiggles when cake is gently shaken, 40 to 50 minutes.
3. Run a thin-bladed spatula between cheesecake and pan rim. Put cheesecake on a rack and let cool completely. Cover and chill until cold, at least 3 hours.
4. Remove pan rim. If any moisture has collected on cake, gently blot dry with a paper towel. Cut cake slices with a serrated knife, running knife under hot water and wiping clean after each slice.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together cream and remaining 1/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks form. Dollop whipped cream onto cheesecake and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tsp. nutmeg.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Bakers' Tip: Run a spatula around the inside of the pan just after baking to help the cheesecake firm up without cracking.
Go to Full Version of