Not as impressed as I thought I would be. It was good, but a little too rich, and nutmeg-y. If I did this recipe again I would cut down on the nutmeg and serve very small portions to my guests.
Photo: Leigh Beisch; Styling: Dan Becker
More From Sunset
1 Hour, 30 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 440
- Calories from fat: 68%
- Protein: 7.6g
- Fat: 33g
- Saturated fat: 20g
- Carbohydrate: 27g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Sodium: 281mg
- Cholesterol: 168mg
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated nutmeg, divided
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 300°. Pour graham cracker crumbs into a 6 1/2-in.-diameter springform pan with a rim at least 3 in. high; add butter and stir to mix. Press mixture evenly over bottom and 1/2 in. up side of pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, with a mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar until smooth. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down inside of bowl as needed. Beat in flour, brandy, and 1 1/2 tsp. nutmeg just until incorporated. Pour into crust-lined pan and bake until small cracks are visible on sides but center jiggles when cake is gently shaken, 40 to 50 minutes.
- 3. Run a thin-bladed spatula between cheesecake and pan rim. Put cheesecake on a rack and let cool completely. Cover and chill until cold, at least 3 hours.
- 4. Remove pan rim. If any moisture has collected on cake, gently blot dry with a paper towel. Cut cake slices with a serrated knife, running knife under hot water and wiping clean after each slice.
- 5. In a small bowl, whisk together cream and remaining 1/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks form. Dollop whipped cream onto cheesecake and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tsp. nutmeg.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Bakers' Tip: Run a spatula around the inside of the pan just after baking to help the cheesecake firm up without cracking.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts