Egg and Tomato Open-Faced Sandwiches
- 4 (1 1/2-oz.) slices whole-grain bread
- 1/4 cup chopped bottled roasted red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped kalamata olives
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup prepared hummus
- 4 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1 large heirloom tomato (about 8 oz.), cut into 4 slices
- 3/8 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- calories 264
- fat 12.4 g
- satfat 2.7 g
- monofat 5.9 g
- polyfat 2.8 g
- protein 14 g
- carbohydrate 24 g
- fiber 5 g
- cholesterol 186 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 572 mg
- calcium 90 mg
- sugars 5 g
- Est. Added Sugars 3 g
How to Make It
Preheat broiler to high.
Arrange bread on a baking sheet. Broil 1 minute on each side or until toasted.
Place bell peppers, olives, vinegar, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and crushed red pepper in a mini food processor; process 30 seconds.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Crack eggs into pan; cook 1 1/2 minutes. Cover and cook 1 minute or until whites are just set. Remove from heat.
Spread hummus evenly over bread slices; top with lettuce, tomato, remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Top each sandwich with an egg. Spoon roasted red pepper mixture evenly over eggs. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.