Very easy to make, and very yummy! my family loved them and I will definately make them again.
Photo: Leigh Beisch; Styling: Dan Becker
Egg yolk, sugar, and milk make a pleasingly dense filling for the light-as-air filo shells. Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes. Notes: This recipe doubles or triples easily.
Yield: Makes 15 tartlets
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 41
- Calories from fat: 46%
- Protein: 1.3g
- Fat: 2.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrate: 3.8g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 14mg
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- 1 package frozen mini filo tartlet shells (15 shells)
- 1 egg white
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Arrange shells on a baking sheet and defrost at room temperature, 15 minutes. Meanwhile, beat egg white until watery but not foamy.
- 2. With a fine-bristle pastry brush, generously brush inside of shells with egg white, gently working it into crevices. Bake until white is set, about 5 minutes.
- 3. In a large measuring cup (or other vessel with a spout), whisk yolks, sugar, and milk to combine. Skim off and discard any foam on top of the mixture and let sit 5 minutes (this will ensure tarts with sunny, shiny tops). Pour into shells and bake until set, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per tart.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Egg Tarts Recipe at a Glance