Scrambled Egg and Swiss Chard Tacos
Photo: Andrew Purcell
These delicious vegetarian tacos are packed with scrambled eggs, sautéed Swiss chard and tomatoes, then topped with salsa verde and sour cream.
More From Food & Wine
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 tablespoons white onion, minced
- 2 serrano chiles, seeded, minced
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/4 pounds rainbow Swiss chard, leaves and stems thinly sliced
- 6 (large) eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- Freshly ground pepper
- Warmed corn tortillas, for serving
- In a large skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Add 1/2 cup of the onion, the chiles and a generous pinch of salt and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until the onion is just starting to brown, 8 minutes. Add the Swiss chard and cook, stirring, until softened, 5 minutes. Stir in the eggs and tomatoes and cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until the eggs are just cooked, 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of onion and the cilantro and season with salt and pepper. Serve the eggs in warm tortillas.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note