Egg Sandwich with Mustard Greens and Avocado
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) safflower oil
- 1 pound(s) mustard greens, thick stems discarded and leaves coarsely chopped
- Sea salt
- 1 large Hass avocado, chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 4 large eggs
- 8 slice(s) of whole-grain bread, toasted and buttered
- Hot sauce
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil until shimmering. Add the greens and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until tender, 1½ minutes; season with salt. Transfer the greens to a bowl and keep warm.
- 2. In a small bowl, mash the avocado. Stir in the lemon juice and season with salt.
- 3. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet. Crack the eggs into the pan and season with salt. Cook over moderate heat until the whites are crisp, about 1 minute. Flip the eggs and cook until the whites are firm and the yolks are runny, 2 minutes longer.
- 4. Spread the avocado on 4 of the toast slices. Top with the greens and fried eggs and sprinkle with the hot sauce. Close the sandwiches, cut in half and serve right away.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note