Really good, a little more dry than a traditional egg salad, but the bacon and sriracha make up for it. Good with the arugula. I used turkey bacon and still very good.
Egg Salad Sandwiches with Bacon and Sriracha
Look for precooked eggs, such as Eggland's Best, in the dairy section of the supermarket.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 326
- Fat: 16.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Protein: 18.4g
- Carbohydrate: 24.9g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 286mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 571mg
- Calcium: 123mg
- 2 center-cut bacon slices
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 hard-cooked large eggs, chopped
- 2 cups arugula
- 8 whole-grain bread slices
- 1. Cook bacon in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon from pan; crumble. Place bacon in a large bowl. Stir in onions and next 5 ingredients (through salt). Gently stir in eggs.
- 2. Arrange 1/2 cup arugula on each of 4 bread slices. Top each serving with 1/3 cup egg mixture and 1 bread slice.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note