We really enjoyed this as a casual weekend brunch. I recommend toasting the bread and adding just a bit more salt, pepper, and Sriracha. I also see this as making a great finger food -- open-faced mini sandwiches on cocktail bread. Great with a side of fresh fruit.
Egg Salad Sandwiches with Bacon and Sriracha
Look for precooked eggs, such as Eggland's Best, in the dairy section of the supermarket.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 326
- Fat: 16.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Protein: 18.4g
- Carbohydrate: 24.9g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 286mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 571mg
- Calcium: 123mg
- 2 center-cut bacon slices
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 hard-cooked large eggs, chopped
- 2 cups arugula
- 8 whole-grain bread slices
- 1. Cook bacon in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon from pan; crumble. Place bacon in a large bowl. Stir in onions and next 5 ingredients (through salt). Gently stir in eggs.
- 2. Arrange 1/2 cup arugula on each of 4 bread slices. Top each serving with 1/3 cup egg mixture and 1 bread slice.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note