I never liked egg salad because of all the fatty mayo in it, but I love this recipe. Made it for a baby shower and I used 6 eggs, more celery and seasoning, a touch of green onion instead of grated onion and it turned out yummy. Put it on whole grain white bread and used fat free mayo and sour cream to cut the calories. It was soo good anyway! Tons of flavor. To dress it up, I cut off the crust, sliced in diagonal wedges and put a cucumber slice, radish slice and cherry tomato on a toothpick through it. Turned out delicious and pretty. Now, I love egg salad. I'm keeping this recipe in my secret stash!
Egg Salad Sandwiches
- 5 large hard-cooked eggs, grated
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 3/4 teaspoon dried salad seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 22 thin white sandwich bread slices
- Combine first 11 ingredients in a bowl until blended. Cover and chill 3 hours.
- Spread 2 tablespoons egg mixture evenly on 1 side of 11 bread slices. Top with remaining 11 bread slices. Cut each sandwich into 4 finger sandwiches.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used McCormick Salad Supreme Seasoning and Pepperidge Farm Very Thin Sliced White Bread.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This